Walmart Covid Vaccine – During any wave of COVID-19, there is only one thing that can save you, and it’s the COVID protocol. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggest everyone follow all the precaution guidelines related to COVID-19 to ensure your safety along with the safety of your friends and family.
The United States is already struggling with the 6th wave of COVID-19, and getting yourself tested for COVID-19 along with the vaccine nation can help you ensure your safety during the tough times.
The Centers for Disease control and prevention is providing both of the services free of cost in the United States. Americans can get themselves vaccinated and receive booster shots of the COVID vaccine at most pharmacies and clinics around the nation.
Retail giants, including Walmart, are in partnership with the CDC to provide both services. That is why today we are here to discuss Walmart COVID vaccine service and Walmart COVID testing. Both of those services are completely free if you are not using your COVID testing for international traveling.
Walmart COVID Vaccine Appointment Process
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a partnership with several pharmaceutical giants and other corporations to provide free COVID services to every eligible American throughout the nation.
In that process, the CDC is in partnership with Walmart to provide a COVID vaccine. Anyone can use their official website to create an early appointment and get themselves vaccinated for free of cost.
You do not have to pay anything to get vaccinated or receive booster shots. You just have to create an early appointment and bring one photo ID along with your vaccination card.
Along with the vaccine for COVID-19, Walmart also provides several other vaccines, including flu, chicken pox, and other diseases. You can get yourself more than one vaccine in a single visit.
- To get vaccinated at Walmart facilities, kindly click on the above-given button and reach the official website of Walmart.
- Before you move ahead, we will suggest that you log in with your Walmart account, or you can create a Walmart account right now.
- They won’t let you proceed and create an appointment for the Walmart COVID vaccine without a Walmart account.
- Once you have created the account, it will ask you to enter some details, including the date of birth of the patient and the vaccination status.
- After that, it will also ask you to select the manufacturer you prefer and click continue.
- Now enter your zip code, city name, or state name to check all the nearby locations where your preferred vaccine is available.
- Once you have selected the pharmacy, it will show you all the appointment dates and times. You can select as per your preference and move ahead.
- As the last step, it will ask you to enter the complete information regarding the patient, starting from the full name to all the way contact details and insurance information.
Now, click continue and move ahead, your Walmart COVID vaccine appointment is ready, and you can visit the vaccination site at least 15 minutes before your appointment time.
Walmart COVID Testing Appointment Process
Along with vaccination services, Walmart is also providing Walmart COVID testing. The retail giant is in partnership with Quest Diagnostics to provide free COVID testing throughout all 4500 locations in the United States.
You can use the official website of Walmart to create an appointment at Quest Diagnostics. Even if you visit through the official website of Walmart, the process is going to redirect you to the official website of Quest Diagnostics.
- You can click on the upper given button to directly reach the official website and testing page of Quest Diagnostics.
- Everyone above the age, regardless of their symptom, can get self-tested with an RT PCR test at Quest Diagnostics by making a prior appointment.
- As soon as you land on the Quest Diagnostics testing page, kindly click on the get started button.
- At the first step, it will ask you to select your date of birth as patients below the age of 18 are not allowed to get themself tested without any guardian or parent.
- Next, it will ask you to enter the details of your insurance status. Quest Diagnostics is not going to reject your appointment if you do not have health insurance.
- On the next page, it will ask you to enter the zip code of your neighborhood where you want to get yourself tested for COVID. By default, Quest Diagnostics is going to search locations within a 50-mile radius.
- Then the appointment process will present a testing qualification where you can enter your details, such as your COVID-19 status.
In case you are getting a COVID test for international travel, then you have to select yes in the question as over-testing is not free for people who are going to travel internationally with the test.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has changed its guidelines, and now everyone who is traveling internationally has to pay for their test. Usually, the test is going to cost around $120.
- Once you have filled in all the information, you can move ahead. Now it will ask you to enter the credentials of your my quest account, or you can also create a new one.
- If you already have my quest account, then it will use the information filled in that account and ask you to select the laboratory.
- On the other hand, people who are going to create a new my quest account have to fill out the whole information regarding the patients starting from full names to all the way contact details.
Find the Walmart COVID vaccine and testing location
Before you start your Walmart COVID vaccine and testing appointment process, we will suggest everyone go through the Walmart store locator tool to locate the nearby Walmart store, where they also have pharmacies.
Even though Walmart has more than 4500 locations throughout the nation, this doesn’t mean that you can find Walmart in every city and neighborhood of the country.
- Click on the above-given button to reach the official Walmart store locator tool. It is located on the official website of Walmart, so you don’t have to worry about privacy and cyber security.
- As soon as you reach the official website of Walmart, kindly click on find a store. That option will take you to the next page, where it will ask you to enter your zip code, city name, or complete state name.
- Once you have entered your zip code or city name, it will show you all the Walmart locations nearby your neighborhood. By default, the search is going to be set at a 50-mile radius, but you can increase the distance by 100 miles.
- At the same time, there is also a facility where you can easily select the services you are looking for.
- Now click on the nearby location. Along with the basic information regarding the pharmacy, the finding tool will also tell you what type of services and products are available at that specific location.
- You can also find the phone number, directions, and timing of the Walmart location.
Eligibility for Walmart COVID Vaccine
Before we wrap this session, let’s take a look at the eligibility criteria for the Walmart COVID vaccine. Walmart is following the guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and prevention just like any other pharmacy in the country.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have two different series of COVID vaccines. There is a primary series and a booster series. The eligibility for both of the series is completely different.
- Everyone above the age of 5 in the United States is eligible to receive two shot primary vaccine series.
- You must maintain at least a three to 8 weeks gap between the first and second dose of the primary series.
- People who have received both shots of the primary series will be considered fully vaccinated after two weeks of their final primary dose.
- Patients below the age of 18 are only eligible to select the vaccine made by Pfizer or Moderna.
- On the other hand, Everyone above the age of 18 will have four different options, including Pfizer, Moderna, Novavax, and Johnson.
- Everyone above the age of 5 is eligible to receive at least one booster shot of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- You must maintain at least a five months gap between the final dose of the primary series and the first booster shot.
- Patients above the age of 50 are eligible to receive the second booster shot, but they must maintain at least a four months gap between the first and second booster shot.
- Novavax vaccine is not approved for boost results as per the Food and Drug Administration of the United States.
How to receive the Walmart COVID vaccine?
To receive the COVID vaccine at the Walmart store, you can create an early appointment using the above-given step-by-step process. Walmart is in partnership with Quest Diagnostics to provide all-over-related services, including COVID testing and vaccines.