Walgreens covid Testing/Appointments
Walgreens covid Testing/Appointments – The world keeps changing every day. One day, most Americans were not taking COVID very seriously despite regular warnings and guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control and prevention, the other day, everyone started talking about precautions and safety from the virus.
The whole situation changed when the president of the United States tested positive for the virus. It was not shocking for the entire world as ex-president Donald Trump also tested positive for the virus, and now Joe Biden.
Soon after the White House announced that Joe Biden had tested positive for the virus, there was a massive spike in daily COVID tests. Testing is among the most important things to contain the spread of COVID-19. That is why we are here to discuss the Walgreens COVID testing appointment process today.
Walgreens COVID Testing/Appointments process
Let’s start with the main query of the day, which is the step-by-step tutorial on Walgreens COVID testing appointments. Kindly do not fill in any wrong information as it might lead you to rejection.
The norms related to free COVID testing have recently changed in the United States, and people who are going to travel internationally with a COVID test are not allowed to take it for free.
If you are traveling abroad and trying to get a COVID test at Walgreens, then select the reason for international travel and pay for your test. Walgreens is going to charge you around $129.
- Walgreens COVID testing/appointments process is very simple. You just have to click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official website of Walgreens pharmacy.
- The above-given button will also redirect you directly to the appointment page.
- As soon as you land on the appointment page, kindly click on the button named drive-through schedule test.
- That button will take you to the next page, where you have to enter your zip code, city name, or complete state name.
- Once you have entered the zip code, it will show you all the Walgreens COVID testing sites near your neighborhood.
- At the same time, you can also refine the search by clicking on the type of test you want. People who are traveling abroad should select the PCR laboratory test as it is accepted in most countries.
- Once you have selected your desired test, you can click on the pharmacy. On the same page, it will also ask you to select the date and time of the appointment and click continue.
- After that, it will ask you to sign in to your account at Walgreens, or you can also continue as a guest by filling in the information regarding patients by yourself.
- It will ask you to enter the complete information regarding the patients starting from the first name to all the way contact information. Kindly do not enter any wrong information as it might lead you to rejection or a little bit of delay in your testing time.
Once you have entered all the information, it might ask you to review the information you have put in the application. If you want to change anything, then you can click edit, or you can go ahead and create a scheduled appointment.
The Walgreens pharmacy suggests every person reach the testing site at least 15 minutes before their appointment time. In case you do not reach at the given time, then the pharmacy or testing site holds the right to cancel your appointment.
If your application gets rejected or canceled, then you have to create a new appointment, and there is a probability that you might not get the same-day appointment.
Types of COVID tests available at Walgreens
Before we wrap our session, let’s take a look at the types of COVID tests available at Walgreens pharmacy. Yes, there are different tests available to test COVID, and the main difference between these tests is the accuracy.
Tests that are higher in accuracy will take a longer time to deliver results. On the other hand, rapid tests might not be as accurate as PCR laboratory tests, but they will be much faster in delivering the results.
The PCR laboratory test is among the most accurate and popular types of tests available at Walgreens. Usually, it is available free of cost, but people who are traveling abroad are suggested to take PCR laboratory tests, and it is going to cost them around 129 U.S. dollars. Walgreens pharmacy can deliver the results of the PCR COVID test within 48 hours.
Rapid antigen test
The second most popular type of test at Walgreens pharmacy for COVID is the rapid antigen test. It is similar to at-home COVID tests and over-the-counter COVID tests. It is also priced at $129, and Walgreens pharmacy can deliver the results of rapid antigen tests within two hours. It might not meet the pre-travel testing requirements, so it is not suggested for people who are traveling abroad.
Lastly, Walgreens pharmacies also have NAAT rapid COVID tests. Similar to the rapid antigen COVID test, Walgreens pharmacy can deliver the results of the NAAT COVID test within two hours, and it can also meet pre-travel testing requirements, but it depends on the destination country.
Walgreens store locator
Before you go through the whole COVID testing appointment process, we suggest everyone take a look at the Walgreens store locator tool.
The store locator tool will help you locate a nearby Walgreens pharmacy. It will be a waste of time if there is no Walgreens pharmacy nearby your location and you try the whole appointment process.
- Kindly click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official website of Walgreens pharmacy, and the button will also redirect you to the store locator tool.
- The tool is located on the official website of Walgreens, so you don’t have to worry about Internet security.
- As soon as you land on the store locator tool, it will ask you to enter your location. You can simply click on the update location button or click on the nearest store and enter your zip code.
Can I get a free COVID test at Walgreens pharmacy?
Yes, you can get a free copy test at any pharmacy. The Centers for Disease Control and prevention is in partnership with Walgreens pharmacy to provide free COVID testing to each eligible American in the country. You can use the above-given step-by-step process to create an early appointment.