Rite Aid Covid Testing – Rite Aid pharmacy is among the most popular pharmacies on the east and West Coasts of the United States. Even though, as compared to other pharmaceutical giants, rated pharmacies have limited locations, they have a good presence on both the Coast.
Currently, they are offering COVID testing in more than 2500 locations, and anyone can get tested for coverage without any cost. Rite Aid pharmacy is in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and prevention of the United States to provide free cougar testing.
As soon as the White House announced that Joe Biden had tested positive for the virus, a huge number of people were looking to get themselves tested for the same.
People who were taking the risk of COVID very lightly have started taking it very seriously, and that is why today we are here to discuss the right COVID testing procedure.
Changed Testing Norms at Rite Aid Pharmacy
The Centers for Disease Control and prevention have recently changed the norms of free COVID testing at any testing location throughout the nation, which also includes Rite Aid pharmacy.
People who want to travel abroad have to pay for their COVID test. Those people cannot avail the free COVID testing facility offered by the Centers for Disease Control and prevention in partnership with pharmacies like Rite Aid.
Most countries around the world accept the RT PCR COVID test, which has the highest testing accuracy. That test at Rite Aid pharmacy is going to cost you around $129 to 150 U.S. dollars.
Rite Aid COVID Testing Appointment Process
Before we discuss anything else, let’s first take a look at the Rite Aid COVID testing appointment process. The pharmacy suggests everyone not fill in any wrong information on the appointment form as it might lead to rejection.
Rite Aid pharmacies have recently announced a partnership with Quest Diagnostics, which is one of the biggest laboratory chains in the United States. There is a probability that a rioted pharmacy will redirect you to the official website of Quest Diagnostics for the appointment.
- In order to create an appointment at Rite Aid for COVID testing, kindly click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official website of Rite Aid pharmacy.
- The button will further redirect you to the COVID testing page. On this COVID testing page, you will find several options, including at-home COVID antigen tests and PCR tests.
- For example purposes, we are going to select no post PCR testing.
- For the next part, the pharmacy will redirect you to the official website of Quest Diagnostics, which is their partner, to process the tests.
- As soon as you land on the website of Quest Diagnostics, kindly click on get started.
- Now it will ask you about your age, as everyone below the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian during the screening.
- On the next page, it will ask you about your health insurance status. You can click yes or not, depending on your conditions.
- After that, it will ask you to enter the zip code of your neighborhood to find the testing locations. Quest Diagnostics is only going to find locations within a 30-mile radius of your entered zip code.
- In case you do not have any testing location near your neighborhood, then you have to look for other options.
- After that, it is going to ask you a bunch of questions, including your exposure to the virus, your symptoms related to the virus, any other medical condition, etc.
- These questions are a test for you to determine whether you are eligible for COVID testing or not.
- If you are eligible for COVID testing, then it will ask you to enter your quest credentials, or you can also continue as a new customer.
- As a new customer, you have to enter the complete information of the patient, starting from the full name to all the way contact details.
Once you have entered all this information, it will ask you to select the laboratory and timing of your test. Quest Diagnostics requests everyone to reach the testing site at least 10 to 15 minutes before the appointment time.
In case you fail to reach the testing site at the given time, then The testing side holds the right to reject your application. You have to create a new appointment once again, and there is a problem that you might not get the same-day appointment. To be on the safer side, kindly reach the testing site at least 10 minutes before your testing time.
Types of Available COVID Tests at Rite Aid Pharmacy
Rite Aid pharmacy has most types of COVID tests. You can easily create an appointment using their official website and test yourself with the RT PCR test. It is among the most effective type of COVID test, and it is also valid internationally.
You can use the above-given step-by-step process to create Rite Aid COVID testing appointments. The pharmaceutical chain is currently not accepting any walk-ins for free COVID testing.
There is a probability that you will be allowed to get yourself tested in case you are paying by yourself, and there is a slot open. You might have to pay around 129 U.S. dollars to get yourself tested at Rite Aid pharmacy with the RT PCR test.
Rite Aid pharmacies also have an option where you can opt for a rapid antigen test. Apart from that, you can also ask the right pharmacy to deliver a rapid antigen test at your home, and you can easily get reimbursements for those tests from your health insurance provider.
Can I use Rite Aid COVID testing for international travel?
Yes, you can use it right at COVID testing for international travel, but you have to mention it on the appointment form. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the United States have recently changed their norms regarding traveling and COVID testing. Now every traveler has to pay for their COVID test out of their own pockets.