CVS Second Booster Shot – A lot has been happening in the whole world as COVID-19 has once again started rising at rapid speed. At this time, the virus has infected the president of the United States. It is the second time the president of the United States has been infected with COVID-19.
When COVID first started, ex-president Donald Trump tested positive for the virus, and this time president Joe Biden has been tested for the same. Till the president was infected, people were not taking the virus very seriously as a lot of studies have already proven that the current vaccine of COVID is not much effective against the current dominant variant.
The debate on the effectiveness of the COVID vaccine is still indecisive, but there are some benefits of getting a vaccination and its booster shots. One of the biggest benefits is that it can help you prevent getting severe symptoms of the virus. That is why today, we are here to discuss CVS second booster shot. We will help you create an appointment at CVS pharmacy for a second booster shot.
Eligibility for a Second Booster Shot
Before we move ahead, let’s first discuss the eligibility for a second booster shot of the COVID vaccine. The Centers for Disease Control and prevention have set eligibility criteria for the second booster shot.
The eligibility criteria are based on the approvals of the vaccine from the Food and Drug Administration of the United States. In case you do not fall within the eligibility criteria, then the pharmacy or testing side holds the right to reject your appointment.
- Everyone above the age of 50 is eligible to receive the second booster shot of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- You must maintain at least a four months gap between the first and second booster shot of the vaccine.
- Every immune-compromised person above the age of 12 is also eligible to receive the second booster shot of the COVID vaccine.
CVS Second Booster Shot Appointment Process
Now let’s take a look at the appointment process for CVS second booster shot. We are going to use the official website of CVS pharmacy to create an appointment. Kindly take a look at each step very carefully, as the CVS pharmacy holds the right to reject your application if you did not fill out the right information.
- To create an appointment, you have to click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the appointment page of CVS pharmacy.
- As soon as you land on the page, kindly click on the red-colored button named to schedule a COVID vaccine or booster shot at CVS.
- Well, in the next week, it will ask you a bunch of questions in loading your account details at the CVS pharmacy website.
- In case you do not have an account with the CVS pharmacy, then you can click on continue as a guest. Another thing you should make sure of is that you are not tested positive within the last 14 days, or you do not have any symptoms related to the virus whatsoever.
- Once you have answered all the questions successfully, it will ask you to enter the date of birth of the patient.
- On the next page, it will ask you what type of vaccine you are looking for. As we are looking for a second booster shot that we can take on the last option, which is named, I need to schedule a first or second booster shot.
- Now you have to enter the date when you received your last booster shot, and you also have to select the type of vaccine you are looking for.
- Once you have entered all the details, it will ask you to enter your zip code, city name, or complete state name.
- As soon as you enter your zip code, it will show you all the pharmacies nearby your location where your desired vaccine is available.
- You can select any pharmacy you want and click continue. As the last step, it will ask you to enter the complete information regarding the patient.
As soon as you enter all the information asked by the CVS pharmacy appointment scheduler, it will ask you to review the information you have just entered. In case everything is correct, then you can click continue, and it will create an appointment.
CVS pharmacy suggests everyone reach the pharmacy at least 15 minutes before the appointment. In case you do not reach at the given time, then the pharmacy holds the right to cancel your appointment.
Side Effects of Second Booster Shot
Before we wrap this session, let’s take a look at the top side effects of the second booster shot. The Centers for Disease Control and prevention have not issued any statement regarding the new side effects of any vaccine.
There is a probability that you will get the basic side effects of the vaccine. For people who did not get any allergic reaction with the first booster shot or primary series of COVID vaccines, then there is no need to worry about getting an allergic reaction after a second booster shot.
You might develop simple side effects of the COVID vaccine pain on the site of injection, soreness on the side of injection, redness in the arm, fever, and chills.
Usually, people do not require any medical assistance to get better from the side effects of a second booster shot of the COVID vaccine. In some cases, people might require over-the-counter medication to lower the intensity of fever.
You should consult with your health care provider before you get any medicine related to the symptoms or side effects.
What are the charges to get the CVS second booster shot of the COVID vaccine?
CVS second booster shot or any other covid vaccine is completely free in the United States. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been paying these pharmacies from federal funding. You can freely create an appointment using the official website of CVS pharmacy and get yourself vaccinated. Is the pharmacy not going to charge you even a single penny for their service?