Covid Quarantine Guidelines – The Centers for Disease Control and prevention issues several types of guidelines whenever they believe there is more risk of any disease. Currently, the focus of the CDC is on COVID-19. It has started once again spreading throughout the nation, and health experts have already called it the 6th wave of COVID 19.
The CDC will issue several types of guidelines, including COVID testing, COVID vaccination, use of masks, and quarantine. Mandatory isolation or quarantine has already ended in the country, and now people are just advised to stay in isolation or quarantine whenever they believe they have been exposed to the virus.
Today we will discuss COVID quarantine guidelines issued by the CDC for every person regardless of their vaccination status. Yes, there are a few perks of getting vaccinated and staying up to date, and we will also discuss that in a two days article.
COVID quarantine guidelines for positive people
The first and the most important set of guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control and prevention are for people who have already tested positive for COVID-19.
These guidelines are going to apply to everyone regardless of their vaccination status. You should follow these guidelines very strictly as they are very important to ensure your safety along with the safety of your friends and family.
- In case you have tested positive for COVID-19, regardless of the type of the test and vaccination status, you should isolate yourself for at least five days.
- You can stay in your home, but you should not go out of your room. You are contagious, and there is a probability that your family might get infected with the virus also.
- Even at your home, you should keep wearing a well-fitting mask to ensure the safety of your friends and family.
- Kindly do not travel until the full ten days after your symptoms have started. Even if you do not develop any symptoms regarding COVID-19, you should follow these guidelines.
- There is a possibility of ending your isolation after five days since your symptoms started. But there is only one condition. You should spend at least 24 hours fever free without using any fever-reducing medicine.
- At the same time, you should also make sure that your symptoms are improving each day.
- In case you get very sick from COVID-19, and your symptoms are getting worse each day, then you should consult with your doctor as you might require hospitalization.
- Kindly do not go in any public spaces, even wearing masks.
Exposed to COVID-19 and not up to date with vaccines
The second set of guidelines is for people who somehow have already been exposed to COVID-19 and are not up to date with their COVID vaccines.
The Centers for Disease Control and prevention consider up to date with COVID vaccines if a person has already received both primary doses and all eligible booster shots.
For example, a 25-year-old person in the United States is only considered up to date if they have already received two primary doses and one booster shot of COVID-19 if they are not immune-compromised.
- If you were not up to date with your bold vaccines and you have been exposed to the virus, then you should quarantine yourself for at least five days at your home.
- The Centers for Disease Control and prevention will suggest you stay away from your own family and friends. You can also stay in your room.
- You should avoid traveling under any circumstances till the 6th day. After six to 10 days, you can’t travel, but you should be following all the COVID protocols.
- Kindly do not go to any public places. In case you have to visit any public place, then you should keep wearing your mask and maintain 2 meters of distance.
- You should keep watching your symptoms related to COVID-19 until the 10th day of your close contact with someone with COVID-19.
- In case you do not develop any symptoms related to COVID-19, even after the 5th day, you can endure isolation. At the same time, you should keep testing yourself at regular intervals.
COVID quarantine guidelines for up to date with vaccines
The final set of guidelines for COVID-19 is for people who are completely up to date with their COVID vaccines. In case you have already received all the booster shots along with the primary series of COVID-19 vaccines, then you should follow these guidelines.
There are some perks for people who are up to date with their vaccines. The Centers for Disease Control and prevention is not as strict as other categories.
- In case you are up to date with your COVID vaccines and you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, then you do not have to quarantine yourself.
- You just keep yourself tested at regular intervals to make sure you are not getting positive for the virus. The immunity provided by the vaccine and its booster shots is going to help you.
- At the same time, you should keep watching for symptoms related to COVID-19 until the 10th day.
- In that case, if you develop any symptoms related to COVID-19, you should follow the guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and prevention for everyone, regardless of your vaccination status.
- You are allowed to travel even from the very first day, but you should also follow all the precautions related to COVID-19.
- You should keep wearing your mask until the 10th day in case you are in public places.
Are there any new COVID quarantine guidelines issued by the CDC?
No, the Centers for Disease Control and prevention have not issued any new COVID quarantine guidelines. These guidelines were last updated on 30th March 2022. As per these guidelines, everyone should isolate themselves if they are found positive for COVID-19 regardless of their vaccination status. In case you have been exposed to someone infected with the virus and you are up to date with your vaccine, then you do not have to isolate yourself.